Only 1,500 kg of wood pellets required for heating
In our ‘Feedback on heating costs’ series for hempcrete houses, this is the sixth conclusive case study.
In Roche-Les-Blamonts, where temperature and weather can fluctuate considerably within the same day, there is nothing better than Tradical® Hempcrete to counterbalance these variations and ensure that indoor temperatures remain stable, leading to greatly reduced energy consumption whatever the season:
The profile of this low-energy house
- Surface area: 100 m²
- Altitude: 420 m
- Climate zone: H1c
- The building rests on a 40/60 granular fill which contains all the networks. A drained hardcore layer was placed on top of this.
- The main house, adjoining garage and extension are all built using Tradical® Hempcrete.
- This eco-friendly building has benefited from an innovative timber framework made of vertical wall panels, making it easier to coat the structure with the lime-hemp composite.
- This composite material was projected on the exterior, over lost formwork. Timber cladding was then added to finish the façades.
- A hot water tank was installed for DHW
- The house is heated by a wood pellet stove
Bio-based hempcrete insulation in five areas
FOR THE HOUSE
- Tradical® Hempcrete insulating walls, where R = 4.7 m²K/W for a thickness of 40 cm
- A Tradical® Hempcrete insulating roof, where R = 5 m²K/W for a thickness of 30 cm
- A Tradical® Hempcrete insulating screed, where R = 2.1 m²K/W for a thickness of 20 cm
FOR THE EXTENSION
- Tradical® Hempcrete insulating layer in the unused attic space, where R = 2.1 m²K/W for a thickness of 20 cm
FOR THE GARAGE
- Tradical® Hempcrete insulating walls, where R = 2.4 m²K/W for a thickness of 20 cm
A very low environmental impact
|Bilan CO2||Label Bâtiment Biosourcé||Volume Béton Chanvre Tradical®|
|19 t de CO2 capté||Eligible niveau 3||68 m3|
Summer comfort with no air conditioning required
Example for July 2016
- Outdoors: an average temperature of 15°C at night and 30°C in the day
- Indoors: a daytime average temperature of 25-26°C with high outdoor temperatures
Thermal comfort in winter
- Outdoors: an average temperature of 0°C at night and 9°C in the day
- Indoors: a daytime average temperature of 22-23°C
- BCB Tradical® : email@example.com